It’s with a great deal of personal satisfaction that I write this post. About the time I started this blog, my company started designing the Stylehive, a collaborative shopping community. It’s a place where contributors share and discover the hottest stores, styles, designers, trends, and must have products.
The Stylehive is the unique product and vision of entrepreneur and CEO Michael Carrier. Michael has been an internet entrepreneur for the last 12 years and has founded 2 other successful internet companies. Based in San Francisco, the web application brings together the distinct worlds of technology and trendsetting fashion, shopping and online retail.
As a free member of Stylehive, you can:
- Discover new brands, products, designers, stores, and experts
- Use the Stylehive’s special tags to build a personalized list. For example, use the wish list tag to build a customized birthday gift shopping list.
- Easily share your shopping finds with other like-minded shoppers, family, and friends
- Discover stylish experts in the Hive and follow favorite designers, brands and shopping topics
- Collaborate easily with groups of people on topics such as home design or designer handbags
- Promote yourself, your blog, your products or your retail store to the Stylehive community
The Stylehive blog will also feature the best finds from the Stylehive community with the editorial expertise of Stephanie Wong, a fashion industry veteran, style scout, and founder of her own online guide to shopping.
My partner at Ideacodes, Max Kiesler, and I have had the pleasure of working with Michael and his expert team for the last several months to design and develop the Stylehive, and we’re pleased to announce that Stylehive alpha will launch this week. Today, we sent out some invites to a private group of bloggers, friends, colleagues, and style gurus to get their feedback.
Stylehive alpha is now live:
www.stylehive.com – register for free
I’ll be doing a much longer post to share some of the thoughts that went into designing and developing this new social shopping and style community.
Blogs talking about Stylehive:
- Jeremiah Owyang on March 11, 2006 at 06:36 AM:
Pretty cool, I’m looking for a new watch, saw some cool designs.
- Stephanie Wong on March 16, 2006 at 02:22 PM:
Thank you for the fabulous review of Stylehive and for connecting with the Web 2.0 community to spread the word about our new site. It has been a pleasure collaborating with you and Max in developing the site. The compelling interaction and visual design is a huge asset to the user experience and for this we thank you as well. Bravo to Ideacodes!
- Daniel, Rogue Connect on April 10, 2006 at 12:23 AM:
An awesome idea! I just came across Stylehive and am already in love with it! With any luck they’ll have an API out there soon – it’s certainly something that I’d like to incorporate into (the fashion oriented) Rogue Connect!